In the year 1906 this temple was situated at the former Rumah Miskin Police Station area (Lavender Street junction).Next this temple was shifted infront of the former Beatty Secondary School (Beatty Road). At this time this temple looked more like a hut.With the support of the devotees who are mostly residents staying nearby this temple was shifted again and relocated to St. Georges Road. In 1965 this temple was registered as Sri Sivan Temple and the Maha Kumbabishegam (Consecration Ceremony) was held on 10-9-1975.
In 1980 the Temple site was acquired by HDB thus again this Temple was required to be shifted. In 1982 this Temple was relocated to the present Potong Pasir site and preparations were made to make the foundations to construct the temple in 1985. In 1987, sculptors, architects and various skilled workers were brought from India to construct this temple and the Maha Kumbabishegam was held on 21-1-1991.
Following this, seeing the need to construct at Kodi Maram (Flag staff) and the sanctums for the various deities and because of the request of all the devotees who had been attending this Temple for prayers the neccessary arrangement were made and the Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony was held on 1-5-1996. Upon completion of all the necessary works the Maha Kumbabishegam was held grandly on 17-11-1996. The name of the temple, Sri Sivan Temple, was changed to “Sri Sivadurga Temple” on 28-05-2001.